T-Shirt Reviews Blog

T-Shirt Reviews Blog


Veni Vidi Vici Tee

Posted: 07 Jan 2011 07:40 AM PST

Here’s a rather classy/classic tee from Unknown Artifact.

Veni Vidi Vici Tee

Veni Vidi Vici Tee

It’s by Robert Gould, a versatile illustrator based in Cali. You can buy this tee, screen printed by hand with water based inks for a piddling $10. Now that’s a bargain. Available in sizes S-XXL for men and S-XL for women.

Whilst I’m at it check out this rather kewl kid’s shirt for $12 in size 8 (USA size) -

Einstein Wearing 3D Glasses Tee

Einstein Wearing 3D Glasses (Kids) Tee

See more at www.UnknownArtifact.com.

Boys & Co

Posted: 07 Jan 2011 07:27 AM PST

First off most of you are painfully aware of my aversion for typographic tees, yet I can’t help but admire the enthusiasm and all-out gusto emanating from Christopher Russell, the guy behind the fashion brand Boys & Co. Before you ask, their tees are for boys and girls. I’m not too keen on the brand name, it causes a little confusion amongst the sexes, and to be honest it sounds like a dodgy 80′s dance troupe to me :0

On a more positive note the site looks like a lot of fun, with a big, loud and friendly splash page that leads on to a very sound collection of slogan t-shirts. Unfortunately the header graphic for their Big Cartel store is too large and it really detracts from the shopping experience. Still, Chris seems to have a knack for picking the right font for the right job, the prints are generous, the tees are American Apparel so that means sweatshop free, and the general underlying message leans towards the positively kooky. Here’s a little reading matter for you… in t-shirt form.

No Riffraff Tee

No Riffraff Tee

If your name’s not down you’re not coming in… a rather pricey $30 in sizes S-XL. Is riffraff one word or two? Hmm

Do You Know Who My Father Is Tee

Do You Know Who My Father Is Tee

Hilarious. $25 in sizes S-L.

This Old Thing Tee

This Old Thing Tee

When you just can’t take any more compliments (give them to me). $30 S-L.

I Shut It Down In NYC Tee

I Shut It Down In NYC

Who turned out the lights? $25 S-XL.

Chris has big plans for the future – with prospects for the line to include jeans, button ups, jackets and jewels – there’s even an underwear campaign in the works.

In the meantime let us end with the immortal words of the  urban Bard that is Christopher Russell… “I AM THE BIGGEST pAArty Ever, WE are the BIGGEST pAArty Ever.”

(I’ll get me coat.)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment